Sunday, June 03, 2007
Muslims Threaten To Behead Women
A radical Islamic group in the Gaza Strip issued a death threat over the weekend against women working for the official Palestinian Authority television station, accusing them of dressing immodestly and behaving in a way that violates the teachings of Islam.
The threat, the first of its kind against female employees of Palestine TV, was made by the Righteous Swords of Islam, a relatively new group that is believed to have links with al-Qaida.
The group has claimed responsibility for a series of attacks on Internet cafes and restaurants in the Gaza Strip over the past year.
Members of the group are also responsible for splashing acid in the face of a number of young women who had been accused of "immoral behavior."
Women Told To "Dress Up or Die"; Arutz Sheva:
The “Swords of Truth”, an Islamist vice squad responsible for bombing dozens of internet cafes, music shops, pool halls and at least two restaurants in Gaza, has now turned its attention to female TV broadcasters.
The group warned in a statement emailed to worldwide media Friday that it would behead female TV broadcasters in the Palestinian Authority who do not dress in strict accordance with religious Islamic standards.
“We will cut throats, and from vein to vein, if needed to protect the spirit and moral of this nation,” said the statement, which also called female broadcasters “without any…shame or morals.”
Female broadcasters who were interviewed by the Associated Press (AP) said they had received death threats in calls to their cell phones. Many were frightened.
One PA anchorwoman said she did not go to work on Saturday as a result. “It’s a dangerous precedent in our society,” she said. “It will target all working women.” The journalist, who does not wear a headscarf, requested anonymity, fearing retribution.
More on this story can be found at:
Labels: Islamic Terrorism
Thanks for commenting and visiting.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.