Sunday, June 17, 2007
Happy Father's Day
During Memorial Day Weekends he and my Mom would travel to whatever city was hosting that years' Navy Reunion and spend time with friends that served in World War II. Those reunions ended a few years after my Dad died, there being too few members of that group to continue the get-to-gethers and those still alive no longer healthy enough to make the trip.
It sucks that one of the things on my to-do list - buying a Father's Day card - is something I no longer have to do; I'd rather it not be that way.
Happy Father's Day Dad - thanks for all the things you did for me and for all the things you did without - in order to make my life better.
Happy Father's Day to all Dads out there.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.