Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Pelosi "Token" Comment Angers Token
Speakeress of The House, Nanny Pelosi, called the Military Funding Bill "a token." Monterey Herald:
"This is like a fig leaf. This is a token," Pelosi said in a floor speech in which she contended that an opportunity had been missed. "This is a small step forward. We should have a giant step forward."
No word yet if Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will be taking up Token's case as a matter of Pelosi's racial and discriminatory speech and behavior.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.