Sunday, May 27, 2007
Hugo Chavez: No TV For You!
The Little Dictator of Venezuela, Hugo Chavez - that guy the Lefties are so enamored with - is trying to shut down Radio Caracas Television, the lone voice that serves as opposition to Chavez. BBC:
Mr Chavez refused to renew Radio Caracas TV's (RCTV) licence, saying it had tried to undermine his government.
RCTV and rights groups say Mr Chavez is limiting freedom of expression.
Employees of RCTV, Venezuela's most watched channel, embraced and chanted "freedom" as they prepared for a final night of programmes.
Some employees were vowing to occupy the station studios overnight, possibly to hinder the government takeover, the AFP news agency reported.
No, Libs - you will never control the information society in the U.S., no matter how much your black little hearts desire.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.