Saturday, May 26, 2007
John Edwards: "Gay people freak me out!"
"Gay people have their place and I respect that. They are great interior decorators and if it wasn't for 'them', why, we'd never have any artistic culture. From the great Greek dramas and tragedies to fashion to Broadway, why, none of it would exists without 'them'. Er - I mean, gay people. I just don't want to touch or be touched by anyone who's gay," said Edwards. "I mean, that would be icky!"
Okay. Edwards never said the above, at least not of which I'm aware.
The MSM continues giving Edwards a free pass on his previous statement of, “I’m not comfortable around those (gay) people” .
Kilian Melloy, writing in Boston's Edge notes:
The Blade article pointed out that no one in the Edwards camp has denied that Edwards spoke the words Shrum’s book attributes to him; rather, the denials from Edwards’ people have emphasized the claim that the quote was taken out of context.
The New York Blade itemizes the Democrat candidates stands on gay issues:
Clinton and Obama also expressed support for civil unions in documents their campaigns provided the Blade.
“Hillary will work to ensure that all Americans in committed relationships have equal benefits — from health insurance and life insurance, property rights and more...”
“Barack Obama supports civil unions that give gay couples full rights...
Edwards [said] “Gay marriage is an issue I feel internal conflict about and I continue to struggle with it..”
He also said gays should be allowed to serve openly in the armed forces.
The below image story is news, supported by the links.
Would you suppose the MSM and liberal bloggers would cut as much slack to a Republican as they have to Edwards' comment of "not being comfortable around gay people" ?
You spelled Blogosphere wrong on your May 21 post at your site. Only one "g", my freinds.
Thanks for visiting, you're always welcome here.
"It's false....it's not true."
He blinks several times, appears uncomfortable being asked the questions, and has all the little nervous ticks and physical reactions - squirming in the chair, shifting about - that a person does when one is lying.
And...the "W" hotel...what irony!
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.