Monday, January 22, 2007
Mondale The Great!
"I think Cheney has stepped way over the line. I think Cheney's been at the center of cooking up farcical estimate of nation risks, weapons of mass destruction and the 9/11 connection to Iraq."
Walter Mondale: Worst. Vice President. Ever!
Mondale recalled that when he came home to Minnesota after he and Carter lost their 1980 re-election, someone asked him "what on earth [do] you have to be proud of" after a one-term administration considered to be a failure.
"I answered, 'Well, we told the truth, we obeyed the law and we kept the peace.'" (1)
And let's not forget the most significant failure - second only to the hostage CRISIS - of the Carter-Mondale Administration, the botched rescue mission and helicopter fiasco in Tehran, Operation Eagle Claw, in 1980.
Yeah, Fritzy - you've got so very, very much of which to be proud!
The Carter-Mondale team was a laughing stock, both nationally and internationally, while they were in office. They still are. Old DemocRATS like Mondale never die. The rose-colored glasses they wear just keep turning a darker shade of pink.
1) Quote below photo from the Mondale "Cheney Steps Way Over The Line" from similar story in the Minneapolis Star Tribune, available by free subscription.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.