Friday, April 20, 2007
Minnesota Gopher Football Rape
From The MN Daily:
Investigators released details Monday of the alleged rape of an unnamed 18-year-old woman by three University football players.
A search warrant listed evidence police sought and seized in an evening search of the University Village apartment where the alleged assault took place. The warrant also contained in-depth allegations against the three for the first time.
Prosecutors have not charged Alex Daniels, E.J. Jones and Keith Massey with the alleged sexual assault, which police say occurred sometime late April 3 or early April 4.
Police also say the alleged rape incident happened three days before she reported it.
Now - "no means NO!" - and just because she reported it three days after it happened doesn't mean she consented to anything and later changed her mind. And being under the influence of alcohol may have impaired her ability to consent or not consent.
DNA samples from the team members and the woman are being analyzed by the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension. Police have not completed their investigation.
Let's not rush to judgement until the facts are known. Did we learn nothing from the Duke Lacrosse fiasco?
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.