Friday, April 06, 2007
...a single federal statute making it a crime for a citizen to confer with foreign governments against the interests of the United States. Specifically, it prohibits citizens from negotiating with other nations on behalf of the United States without authorization.
Whew, good thing it's not former Republican Speakers of the House like Newt Gingrich or Denny Hastert conducting foreign policy with Syria, a state that sponsors terrorism. The Left would be screaming louder than their usual and everyday screeching and whining.
But Nanny Pelosi and her delegation - at Taxpayer expense, another item that goes uncriticized by the Lefties - can gallivant around the Middle East, attempting to make and influence foreign policy, and the Shrill Liberals applaud the efforts of the Pelosi junket.
Not only are they violating the Logan Act, they are in violation of the U.S. Constitution. Well...there the Dems go again...trampling and violating the Constitution yet again.
The Opinion Journal dissects the absurd and treasonous behavior by the Syria Sympathizers:
Ms. Pelosi and Mr. (Tom) Lantos both voted for the Syria Accountability and Lebanese Sovereignty Restoration Act of 2003 that ordered Mr. Bush to choose from a menu of six sanctions to impose on Damascus. Mr. Bush chose the weakest two sanctions and dispatched a new Ambassador to Syria in a goodwill gesture in 2004. Only later, in the wake of the Hariri murder and clear intelligence of Syria's role in aiding Iraqi Baathists, did Mr. Bush conclude that Mr. Assad's real goal was to reassert control over Lebanon and bleed Americans in Iraq.
With her trip, Ms. Pelosi has now reassured the Syrian strongman that Mr. Bush lacks the domestic support to impose any further pressure on his country. She has also made it less likely that Mr. Assad will cooperate with the Hariri probe, or assist the Iraqi government in defeating Baathist and al Qaeda terrorists.
All of them...all of them...as soon as their plane touches down on American soil should be arrested, formally charged and tried for their felonious crimes and hauled off to rot in a jail cell. Or Gitmo.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.