Saturday, March 31, 2007
The New And Improved United Nations (not)
The U.N. Security Council, in reacting to Iran taking British Sailors hostage, had the opportunity to word a resolution and warning to Iran as a situation that is "deplorable" and calling for the immediate release of the hostages. Instead, the U.N. opted for a feeble and unimpressive expression of "grave concern". I bet that had Tehran shaking in their boots.
Those of us who know that the U.N. is the most ineffectual organization ever created can only look forward to future follies from a corrupt and useless world body that sides with tyrants and dictators because they cower and fear repercussion from these despots.
Welcome to the new United Nations folks, led by Ben-Wa Balls.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.