Friday, March 23, 2007
John Edwards Pursues White
House Despite Wife's Cancer
Her husband has chosen to pursue his candidacy for the White House despite the return of his wife's cancer. He is being hailed by his supporters and other Liberal Mouthpieces - especially Liberal Radio Talking Heads - as some sort of hero for his political aspirations. Whoa - good thing this scenario happening to the Edwards isn't happening with Newt Gingrich.
We can only imagine the catcalls and the insensitivity from the Left if it were a Republican candidate choosing to pursue his political career over and above his wife's incurable disease. We've already heard it from the unsympathetic Lefties for the manner that Gingrich handled one of his divorces. (By the way, what about how Ted Kennedy has treated women in the past and his ex-wives and the way Bill Clinton treats women - heck, that's all fine and dandy with the Libs! Newt Gingrich is on his third marriage, cry the Lefties trying to manufacture an issue where none exists. Well, Dennis Kucinich is on his third marriage as well - but I digress.)
We can only imagine the the mean-spiritedness and bricks that would be thrown by the low-life Lefties at any Republican who decided to continue on with his political career while his wife underwent ongoing treatment and chemotherapy.
"The campaign goes on. The campaign goes on strongly," said John Edwards. I can't be the only one who finds his statement and behavior rather macabre.
This is a defining moment for the Lefties. None of us will forget the circumstances surrounding John Edwards proudly proclaiming his race for the White House shall continue despite his wife's cancer.
Time and karma is a funny thing. Stuff happens. There is no doubt that at some point in the future, perhaps many years from now, that something similar will happen to a Conservative or Republican politician. Life, disease and death doesn't discriminate simply because of one's political ideology. When it happens, we'll see just how compassionate and fair the Left is, with their actions and attitudes, their charity and kindness, their mercy and sympathy. Or they will demonstrate a complete lack of all these things.
Don't forget...plenty of Lefties are on record for having said, "Tragedy plus time equals comedy." I guess we'll find out just how funny Mrs. Edwards' cancer is.
Thanks for visiting and commenting, as always.
Oh, and hey , I meant to tell you you've really been writing some great posts and I can't add that into your comments cuz it looks like you have it members only, which is fine, I'm not complaining about it. I really liked the "Spartans" post very much!
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.