Monday, March 26, 2007
INLAND EMPIRE: Yes, Yet Another Post On My Favorite Filmmaker David Lynch
It's remarkable and impressive. It stars Laura Dern, Jeremy Irons, Justin Theroux and Lynch regular - the marvelous - Harry Dean Stanton.
I would be hard-pressed to describe the story or plotline. It may or may not be about an actress who is, or was, a prostitute. It may or may not be about a prostitute who is, or was, an actress. It may or may not be about parallel lives. It is - I think it is - about characters who have self-identity problems or who have self-delusional issues. Or maybe not.
Its visual texture is beautiful, as are all of Lynch's films. The musical score by longtime Lynch music collaborator Angelo Badalamenti is fantastic.
If you're a Lynch fan and have not yet seen it, check it out.
If you have seen it, and you have an idea about what INLAND EMPIRE is about, by all means leave a comment and let me know.
INLAND EMPIRE (French Trailer)
David Lynch is actually hosting a special weekend in May, 25-27 at Maharishi University of Management. If you like David and his work you should check it out at http://lynchweekend.org/
Thanks and all the best!
Student Event Coordinator
Mr. Lynch is without a doubt a true original and auteur. His films rock and roll!
This is just my interpretation.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.