Thursday, March 22, 2007
Gore Pledges To Burn More
Fossil Fuels, Spew More Carbon
Albert Gore, Junior - inventor of the internets - REFUSED to take the personal energy ethics pledge that he asks of others in his false-u-mentary, "An Inconvenient
The pledge was presented to Gore by Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.), Ranking Member of the Environment and Public Works Committee, during [Wednesday's] global warming hearing.
Senator Inhofe showed Gore a film frame from “An Inconvenient Truth” where it asks viewers: “Are you ready to change the way you live?”
Gore refused to take the pledge.
Gore did recite the following:
"I, Albert Gore, Junior, inventor of the internets, reserve the right to be a hypocrite, refusing to take the Personal Energy Ethics Pledge that I ask others to take.
I, Albert Gore, Junior, exercise exclusive hypocrisy reserved for Liberals like myself and others, the ability to imprint a gigantic, enormous, super-duper humongous Carbon Footprint on the planet by globe-trotting via my private jets and traveling by multi-SUV and limousine motorcades.
I, Albert Gore, Junior, reserve the right to use twenty times more energy than the average American household.
For I am Albert Gore, Junior. Do as I say, not as I do. You may refer to me as the Moses of Global Warming."
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.