Sunday, February 18, 2007
No Time For Dancin' Or Lovey Dovey
I don't base my like or dislike of an artist, singer, actor, band or other talented individual on their politics. Do you? If so, why would you do that?
Interesting you make a choice to use the "hate", since I thought Liberals were about disagreeing politically but not letting it get personal...I think Bill Clinton taught us that, didn't he?
I like David Byrne very much as a solo artist as well as his time with the Talking Heads.
I've been relentless in my criticism of people like Rob Reiner and Michael Moore, but go through the archive posts. I've NEVER criticized their talent as filmmakers - ever - only their politics. I happen to like a number of their films - it doesn't mean I agree with their politics.
It makes no sense and is illogical to dislike what any talented person can do based on disagreeing with their political beliefs.
No, I was told that I should realize David and the rest of the Talking Heads would hate my political view. Well, I know David B. is very liberal, I don't know the poltical details of the other members.
The political views of an artist doesn't influence whether or not I like what that artist does. Are you saying that you let that affect you? It's unclear.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.