Thursday, February 15, 2007
Nanny Pelosi On The News Hour
Yes, Iraq to date has lasted longer than World War II. So what? How is Iraq similar to World War II? Let me know Liberals, why this is a valid and just comparison in your mind.
Nanny Pelosi, on yesterday's PBS News Hour with Jim Lehrer, trying to lend credence for the Democrat's CUT AND RUN - redeployment strategy - said Iraq is in the middle of an Ethnic Cleansing and it's hard to referee a Civil War.
Why then, were the Dems so critical of the Bush Administration for doing nothing in Darfur? Why then , do the Dems regret not getting involved in Rwanda during the Clinton Administration? Pelosi wouldn't say that for reasons of pure politics, would she? Because she basically said on the News Hour that a Civil War and Ethnic Cleansing pretty much needs to be figured out by those involved without outside influence and interference.
World War II had clear cut and identified enemies, we knew who they were and their countries or origin. Do we have this same clear cut identification with Terrorists? With the countries where they live and reside? Is it one country or twenty?
Why is the length of time a fair analogy? And if you can somehow self-rationalize that it is fair, then why is it unfair to say, if judging the success of a war solely on the number dead, Iraq is still the most successful battle in the history of the entire world?
I no longer need to ask Dems if they ever tire of their own hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is a way of life for them, their ability to hold and apply entirely different standards to others while refusing to apply the same standards to themselves.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.