Friday, February 16, 2007
John Murtha And The Dems Skulduggery
Murtha reminds me of the guy at the bar who, after so much time has passed, just can't contain himself and has to blab to the people in the bar that it's him who robbed the bank and wasn't caught...yet.
Murtha was caught letting the plan out of the bag. The WASHINGTON POST...yeah, not FOX News you Libs out here - THE WASHINGTON POST reporting that:
[The] plans for placing conditions on how President George W. Bush can spend $93.4 billion in new combat funds would effectively stop an American troop buildup.
"They won't be able to continue. They won't be able to do the deployment. They won't have the equipment, they don't have the training and they won't be able to do the work. There's no question in my mind," [said Murtha].
"We're trying to force a redeployment not by taking money away, by redirecting money," Murtha said, adding he wants U.S. funds to be slanted more toward diplomacy and Iraq reconstruction.
Murtha received heavy and justified criticism (same WaPO story):
"While American troops are fighting radical Islamic terrorists thousands of miles away, it is unthinkable that the United States Congress would move to discredit their mission, cut off their reinforcements and deny them the resources they need to succeed and return home safely," [said Republican John Boehner, House Minority Leader].
Of all the issues to play politics with - and this is all the Dems are doing and have been doing with Iraq, Afghanistan and the War on Terror - the Dems, who claim they're so supportive of the Troops, pick the one - THEE ONE - MOST DIVISIVE ISSUE they could possibly pick; Defunding the Troops, for nothing other than their own, selfish political livelihood.
And a pox on any Republican who votes with the Democrats on the Non-Binding Decorative Ornamental and Anti-Troop Resolution.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.