Monday, January 29, 2007
Load The Liar Cannon
With Stephanie Miller!
Any words that escape her Oreo Hole are bound to be suspect in their nature simply because of her Liberal political bent. But on many occasions she has repeated the same lie over and over again - that Connecticut Independent Joe Lieberman is "a Republican". This must be some sort of delusional thinking in her alcohol-addled brain.
A simple look at Lieberman's voting record proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is anything but a Republican, let alone remotely Conservative.
Here are just a few examples of Lieberman's voting record:
- Repeal the Bush restrictions on stem cell research. (Jan 2004)
- Voted NO on banning partial birth abortions except for maternal life. (Mar 2003)
- Voted NO on banning partial birth abortions. (Oct 1999)
- Rated 100% by NARAL, indicating a pro-choice voting record. (Dec 2003) [100% rating from by NARAL, the self-described "nation's leading advocate for privacy and a woman's right to choose. With more than one million members and supporters, NARAL Pro-Choice America is fighting to protect the pro-choice values of freedom and privacy."]
On Budget and Economy:
- Democrats will expand prosperity, GOP will "squander" it. (Aug 2000)
- New economy will thrive on investment and trained workers. (Aug 2000)
- Voted NO on $40B in reduced federal overall spending. (Dec 2005)
- Allow driver's license for immigrants. (Jan 2004)
- Support reparation legislations. (Jan 2004)
- Sunset the Patriot Act. (Nov 2003)
- Voted NO on constitutional ban of same-sex marriage. (Jun 2006)
- Voted YES on expanding hate crimes to include sexual orientation. (Jun 2000)
- Voted NO on ending special funding for minority & women-owned business. (Oct 1997)
- Voted NO on Amendment to prohibit flag burning. (Dec 1995)
- Increase subsidies for women-owned non-profit business. (Mar 2004)
- Invest in rehabilitation, not prisons. (Oct 2003)
- Mandatory prison for gun use; prevention for juveniles. (May 1994)
- Voted NO on repealing federal speed limits. (Jun 1995)
- Voted YES on mandatory prison terms for crimes involving firearms. (May 1994)
- More funding and stricter sentencing for hate crimes. (Apr 2001)
- Apologizes for never having smoked marijuana. (Nov 2003) (Heh, the guy does have a sense of humor, unlike 99.999999% of all other Democrats - Ed.)
- Voted against school prayer; for condom distribution. (Mar 2000)
- Voted YES on $52M for "21st century community learning centers". (Oct 2005)
- Voted YES on $5B for grants to local educational agencies. (Oct 2005)
- Voted YES on shifting $11B from corporate tax loopholes to education. (Mar 2005)
- Voted NO on $75M for abstinence education. (Jul 1996)
- Voted NO on requiring schools to allow voluntary prayer. (Jul 1994)
Energy and Oil:
- 50% Excess Profits Tax on oil companies' undeserved profit. (Oct 2006)
- Accept some American responsibility for global warming. (Nov 2003)
- Voted YES on banning drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. (Mar 2005)
- Voted NO on drilling ANWR on national security grounds. (Apr 2002)
- Voted NO on terminating CAFE standards within 15 months. (Mar 2002)
- Voted NO on preserving budget for ANWR oil drilling. (Apr 2000)
- Voted YES on ending discussion of CAFE fuel efficiency standards. (Sep 1999)
- Voted NO on defunding renewable and solar energy. (Jun 1999)
- Voted NO on approving a nuclear waste repository. (Apr 1997)
- Voted NO on do not require ethanol in gasoline. (Aug 1994)
- Voted YES on including oil & gas smokestacks in mercury regulations. (Sep 2005)
- Voted NO on confirming Gale Norton as Secretary of Interior. (Jan 2001)
- Voted YES on transportation demo projects. (Mar 1998)
- Voted YES on reducing funds for road-building in National Forests. (Sep 1997)
- Voted YES on requiring EPA risk assessments. (May 1994)
- Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
- Voted YES on background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
- Voted NO on loosening license & background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
- Voted NO on maintaining current law: guns sold without trigger locks. (Jul 1998)
And do, by all means, make note of several of the above votes during the mid-to-late 1990s. Who was in the White House during that time...a Democrat or a Republican?
So how IS Lieberman a "Republican" in the eyes of Miller? Oh, he voted for the War in Iraq and he supports the War on Terrorism.
Don't ask for whom the Liar Cannon fires, Ms. Miller. It fires you and your repeated lies.
Source for Lieberman Voting Record:
On The Issues
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.