Thursday, December 21, 2006
The Tale Of Bonnie Bleskachek
Back in 2004, Minneapolis' Dim-Wit Mayor R.T. Rybak nominated her for Fire Chief, and she got the job.
And since then, it's been one problem after the other.
A fifth firefighter has filed a lawsuit against embattled Minneapolis Fire Chief Bonnie Bleskachek - this time alleging libel, slander and defamation:
The lawsuit claims that the suspension was "attributable to the fact that Bleskachek previously had a personal intimate relationship with [Lemon]".
Lemon also is suing the chief. Lemon claims that Bleskachek pursued a sexual relationship with her, and that when Lemon rebuffed her, Bleskachek denied her training and advancement opportunities.
The city is reportedly near a settlement in the Lemon suit. Two other lawsuits have been settled.
From MN Pubic Radio:
Bleskachek denied that she mistreated Lemon, but acknowledged there was a fight [Ed. Note: Does it still count as a "cat fight" when the women fighting are Lesbians?] -- although she did not mention Hanson by name. However Attorney Marshall Tanick says there was no fight, and his client Shanna Hanson was defamed because it could be determined that Bleskachek was talking about her.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.