Friday, December 22, 2006
Sandy Berger: Lucky He's Not A Republican
"I didn't steal those hamburgers!"
Let me get this right: The EX U.S. National Security Advisor, during his trial admits he "intentionally took and deliberately destroyed classified documents."
Now he claims it was an accident? He was "sloppy"?
From AP News:
"There is absolutely no way to determine if Berger swiped any of these original documents. Consequently, there is no way to ever know if the 9/11 Commission received all required materials," said [Rep. Tom Davis, R-Va.]
Inspector General Paul Brachfeld reported that National Archives employees spotted Berger bending down and fiddling with something white around his ankles.
[Berger] headed toward a construction area. ... Mr. Berger looked up and down the street, up into the windows of the Archives and the DOJ (Department of Justice), and did not see anyone," the interview notes said.
He then slid the documents under a construction trailer, according to the inspector general. Berger acknowledged that he later retrieved the documents from the construction area and returned with them to his office.
While ABC, CNN, and Fox News all reported that Sandy Berger took documents from the National Archives, hid them, and destroyed them, only viewers of Fox learned that Mr. Berger had taken multiple copies of the same document in an apparent attempt to get rid of all copies of it.
And only viewers of Fox and Friends learned that when the National Archives got the documents back from Mr. Berger, the documents were so unorganized that they aren't sure all pages were returned.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.