Friday, December 29, 2006
"Saint" John Edwards
Local media and New Orleans residents turned out in huge numbers, all of them protesting Edward's use of the setting of the hurricane Katrina tragedy as a political device.
Protestors carried signs and placards denouncing his abuse, misuse, grandstanding and politicization of their home and city!
Actually, you probably know that none of the above happened. Well, other than Edwards did indeed announce his run from New Orleans, that much is true. But the rest is false.
Good thing no Republican candidate has used the World Trade Center site in Manhattan to announce their 2008 presidential candidacy.
You see, just like Military service, it's okay for the Democrats and Liberals to use, abuse and exploit the Military service of John Kerry (he served in Vietnam), or Al Gore (he too served in Vietnam), or John Murtha (former Marine) or General Wesley Clark. It's all perfectly proper for the Left to remind us, every chance they get, that these people have Military service in their background.
But in 1996 it wasn't okay for Republicans to tout Bob Dole's Military service versus Bill Clinton's draft dodging. No, back then the Left cried their usual mantra of, "that's not fair...!", in Dole using his Military service during his campaign. Nor can John McCain really be permitted to tout his Military service in Vietnam...at least according to The Left.
Any time any Conservative speaks of September 11, oh, the Left goes crazy saying things like, "there goes [insert Republican/Conservative name here] exploiting 9-11 again, using scare tactics for their political advantage." But this is all the Left has done for the past five years!
So, while John Edwards receives a Free Pass - from both politicians and the media - in exploiting New Orleans and Katrina, the location from where he announced his presidential run for 2008, we can all hear the squawking from The Left should a Republican or Conservative use a similar geographic setting, site or location in announcing their political aspirations, right?
You DO KNOW by now that using, abusing and exploiting an issue, person, place or thing is completely allowable and permittable for The Left. But Conservatives cannot do the same, at least not without being severely condemned when doing so.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.