Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Peter Boyle, RIP
***** Peter Boyle
The incredibly talented and prolific actor Peter Boyle died yesterday at the age of 71. He had been suffering from cancer of the bone marrow and heart disease and died in a New York hospital on Tuesday.
While Mr. Boyle's politics did indeed lean leftward, I never ever heard him pontificating on talk shows or to the press about the subject of politics, a sign of a true gentleman - one who didn't take advantage of his celebrity status to preach his political beliefs onto others.
Among his prodigious body of work, his performances in the following films are just a few of my favorites:
"Outland" - (a "High Noon" set in space - and it's fantastic);
and, of course, his role of The Monster, in "Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein".
His fine talent as an actor can also be seen in syndicated reruns of "Everybody Loves Raymond" as family patriarch, Frank Barone.
Rest In Peace, Mr. Boyle. Thank You for the many wonderful performances that you leave us.
thanks for stopping by, as usual. and Merry Christmas to you and yours if I don't get the chance to wish it to you later.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.