Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Jon Peters Exposed
**** Jon Peters
From BBC News:
Superman Returns producer Jon Peters is being sued by his former assistant for alleged sexual harassment.
Shelly Morita claims Mr Peters often grabbed and kissed her and made "rude, sexual and disparaging comments", reports Associated Press.
Ms Morita also claims the 61-year-old producer exposed himself to her three-year-old daughter.
A representative for Mr Peters, whose credits include Batman and Rain Man, could not be contacted for comment.
Ms Morita, who is seeking undisclosed damages, began working for Mr Peters in February 2005 but resigned after a year.
Ms Morita also claims Mr Peters exposed himself to her and her daughter at his ranch, saying, "Look what boys have!" and later joked about it to other employees.
Mr Peters has worked as producer or executive producer on more than 40 films.
They include many iconic titles such as 1976's A Star is Born with Barbra Streisand, An American Werewolf in London and The Color Purple.
According to Open Secrets.org, in 1998 Mr. Peters donated $1,000 to Tom Daschle. Oh, he also contributed to the same amount to George W. Bush in 1999 in what appears to be playing both sides of the political aisle, although the official donating group names are different:
PETERS ENTERTAINMENT CO
Bush, George W
J P ORGANIZATION
According to Open Secrets.org, in 2003 he donated $2,000 to California Democrat Jane Harman:
And in 1990 he donated $1,000 to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee:
COLUMBIA PICTURE ASSOCIATION
Democratic Senatorial Campaign Cmte
Those are just a few of the searches I found for him or his various current or previous employers via Open Secrets.
And His friends "Fear" for he mental health.
"Oh...Dat's So Sad!"
Huh...huh...why... do you think his friends would show the same degree of compassion if he were...oh - hell - I don't know ... a Conservative ?!?!?
Oh - Those Good Old Fashioned Democrat Family Values!
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.