Saturday, December 30, 2006
Hugo Chavez To Silence TV Station?
"There will be no new operating licence for this coupist TV channel called RCTV. The operating licence is over... So go and turn off the equipment," Mr Chavez said.
Mr Chavez said the channel was "at the service of coups against the people, against the nation, against national independence, against the dignity of the republic".
The channel is among a number of private TV and radio networks that in recent years have strongly criticized Mr Chavez' government and favoured the opposition.
You Liberals would love to see FOX News treated just like Chavez is treating RCTV, wouldn't you? You Liberals would like to see all channels and stations that are critical of Liberalism and Democrats yanked from the airwaves, wouldn't you?
Why are you so afraid of criticism? If your behavior and politics is so sincere and honest, why are you afraid to have it examined? Do you fear someone will find out just how transparent and phony you Libs are?
Yeah, you'd love to do a Chavez and pull a stunt like silencing your media critics. But that will never happen in the U.S. Sad, isn't it, that you'll have to live with the dissection of your actions and words instead of silencing your critics.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.