Thursday, November 16, 2006
Speaking Of Politics...
"Rep. John Murtha (D-Pa.) told a group of Democratic moderates on Tuesday that an ethics and lobbying reform bill being pushed by party leaders was 'total crap,' but said that he would work to enact the legislation because Speaker-to-be Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) supports it," John Bresnahan reports for Roll Call.
"Even though I think it’s total crap, I’ll vote for it and pass it because that’s what Nancy wants," Murtha said, three sources at the meeting told the Capitol Hill newspaper.
Murtha has been accused of abusing his position as ranking member of the Defense Appropriations Subcommittee of the House Appropriations Committee to benefit lobbying clients of his brother, and a liberal-leaning watchdog group blasted incoming House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Ca) for endorsing him, as reported on RAW STORY.
In September, CREW compiled a list of lawmakers, that it designated as the "20 Most Corrupt Members of Congress," at its Beyond DeLay website. Murtha was given a "dishonorable mention" by the group for being "involved in a number of pay-to play schemes involving former staffers and his brother, Robert 'Kit' Murtha."
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.