Monday, October 30, 2006
Vandals Destroy Patriotic Display
And more from Capital 9 News:
Susan Hoffman owns Wit's End Giftique in Clifton Park. In honor of our troops serving overseas, she displays a mammoth American flag, 20 by 40 feet, on the west wall of her building which faces the heavily-traveled Northway. Sometime over the weekend, the flag was vandalized.
Hoffman said, "It disgusts me. It absolutely disgusts me. It's outrageous that someone would do this to our flag. We have men and women fighting to defend our flag and then some person does this."
Hoffman understands that everyone has his own political views, but she said desecrating the flag is inexcusable.
The desecration didn't stop at Wit's End. Just down the road in Halfmoon at the American Legion, another phallic symbol was painted in the same green paint on a fence behind the legion's war memorial.
Former Mohawk Post Commander Robert Dyer said, "It's a memorial to deceased veterans. What happened at Wit's End is even worse. It's desecration of the American Flag. I feel that the politicians who don't favor protecting our flag are dead wrong."
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.