Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Howard Dean Tells Democrats "Don't vote."
Appearing on ABC's "Good Morning America", a jubilant Dean told host Charlie Gibson, "Our message to our constituents is for them to stay home on election day, we've already won! There's no doubt about it, we've won the election, it's over! And now we're going to immediately begin impeachment proceedings against Bush and Cheney! We're going to immediately begin cutting and running from Iraq and Afghanistan! We're going to immediately raise taxes!"
Dean tells an incredulous Gibson, "We've already won the election!"
A puzzled Gibson asked Dean how he could possibly consider his own words accurate since voting hasn't taken place and no votes have been counted. Appearing irritated by the question, Dean replied, "Look Charlie, we're jumping the gun like we always do. Accuracy has never been our strong point! We've already decided that we've won! What more is there to it that you don't understand?"
Gibson, following up on Dean's answer, noted that the U.S. Constitution's template for elections contradicts Dean's statements. Dean remained unfazed answering, "that's just a bunch of hooey that the Bush and Cheney Administration and the United States Military Industrial Complex would like for you to believe. People like Karl Rove and companies like Halliburton. That's what they want you to believe, Charlie, that's what they want you to believe. We're going to start acting like the winners we already consider ourselves to be."
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.