Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Chris Wallace Is a "MorAn"?
But check out This Post At Think Regress. Unless "moran" is their slang for some joke that I'm not familiar with - the "o" and the "a" letters aren't even remotely close to each other on a keyboard. Take a look right now, look at your keyboard and see where the "a" is compared to the placement of the "o".
So either the person writing thought 'moron' is actually spelled 'morAn', OR, the writer of the post guessed at the spelling. Without bothering to look it up. Which would have taken what - maybe ten seconds using an internet dictionary like, oh - I don't know - Merriam-Webster-dot-com? Or at least run a ...(GASP)... spell-checker?
If ThinkRegress doesn't spend ten seconds to verify spelling, what makes you think they spend any time fact-checking any of the items that they report on as being true and accurate?
Hey - Hey Chris Wallace, you're a morAn, that is, if ThinkRegress meant a Masai Warrior! Congratulations!
(But I don't think ThinkRegress means Moran as in the warrior sense because they would have - or should have - capitalized it if they were referring to the Masai Warrior. And, I just don't think the ThinkRegress crowd is all that smart enuff to know what a Moran is.)
Maybe the crowd over there is smart enough to have meant Moran. Maybe I'm not giving them enough credit.
But I don't think so.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.