Friday, September 29, 2006
- - -
ACLU continues their tradition of Defending Hate Speech.
- - -
Have you experienced someone in the service industry Acting Like You're Invisible? Here's how to handle that situation.
And on that same note, Yes, I think people are becoming meaner and ruder.
- - -
Oregon's Governor Wants To Increase Taxes on Cigarettes saying, "it's for the children." Remember people, the last vestige of a politician is "the children".
And on a related note, raising taxes on cigarettes is probably a good thing since Al "I invented the internets" Gore says, "Cigarettes Cause Global Warming." Please, will someone please have Tipper commit her husband to a warm and padded cell for the rest of his life?
- - -
Only two episodes come to my mind that I would add to THIS LIST. I'd add (unsure of exact titles but will describe by episode description): "Sparky The Gay Dog" and "Ike's Bris".
- - -
And...........................I don't remember where I stumbled across it but, if you want to get close to the ladies at the clubs, guys, This Guy Has Some Advice For You.
Thanks for visiting and commenting !
I enjoy your site but please, the phrase you are looking for is "patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel." "Vestige" means a trace or remnant. I want you to look good.
From time to time I do take some poetic license and liberties with certain phrases and sayings, intentionally twisting, tweaking or rewriting a well known expression or slogan.
I do sincerely thank you for your comment as well as your including the original phrase, of which I am familiar. We have a great and rich language. What you wrote reminds me that the more clear and precise that one is with the words we use, the better understood by all.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.