Tuesday, September 19, 2006
After ten years in office (it only seemed like twenty), Kofi Says Bye Bye, with his term officially over on December 31, 2006. Yeah, I know...your eyes are getting a little misty too.
He Warned of a War of Religion.
The Always Defiant Kofi Annan
Latvia's President Vaira Vike-Freiberga says the next Secretary General "Must be a woman." Why?
Ms. Vike-Freiberga herself is a candidate for the job, but Russia and China are opposed.
Grabbing Adminijad or whatever the hell his name is would have been poetic justice after his complicity in the taking of our embassy folks back in '79. Let them shreik "diplomatic immunity" until their lungs burst!
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.