Saturday, August 19, 2006
Tobacco: The Number One Most Vile, Harmful Substance EVER To Exist!
U.S. District Judge Gladys Kessler ordered the companies to make corrective statements after deceiving the public for years about the health hazards and addictiveness of smoking and to disclose marketing practices to the government.
G A S P! Deception? Deception was used by a corporation? Why...those companies should be napalmed out of existence. How dare they use deception! Surely no other company has ever used any deceptive techniques in advertising, have they? No, never. Not the hospitality industry. No, the hotel rooms look just like the picture in the brochure.
Deception? No, never - never been used.
You do know if you drink "that brand" of beer you'll be popular, wickedly cool and "in" with the opposite sex. Or maybe the same sex, if that's your thing. But either way you will be awesomely dope because that's what the advertisement says. Cirrhosis of the liver? Oh, that's many, many years down the road, you won't have to worry about that for a long time.
Did you know The cosmetic industry uses carcinogenic substances? Would you say that the cosmetic industry has been...deceptive?
Please keep your carcinogenic cosmetics away from me, I would hate to get "second hand cosmetic cancer". What if I kiss a girl and her lipstick gives me cancer? Can I sue the maker of the lipstick?
We need New Rules and Regulations for those vile tobacco makers, don't we? More laws and new laws are always a good thing, right?
Just outlaw tobacco. That's the only answer. I'm a smoker and I say outlaw it.
And then all levels of government - federal, state and local - can raise other taxes and let everyone pay for what smokers used to pay for. It's only fair.
Would you agree or disagree that the American Justice System has been co-opted by Liberals, the ACLU, trial lawyers and - in general - by people looking to make a quick buck by suing someone or a corporation?
"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers". - "Bill" Shakespeare, Henry The VI; Act 4, Scene 2.
Good words to live by, eh?
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.