Monday, August 28, 2006
AirHead America Minnesota: Can You Hear Them Now?
The Twin Cities Weekly Newspaper, City Pages, Released Minnesota's AM 950's AirHead America Demographics.
Here's what the article says:
Arbitron Ratings of AirHead America's Minnesota station, AM 950, reflect that over the past two years 950 AM has consistently drawn around a one share, or just over 50,000 individuals listeners per week.
That's 416.66666 listeners per hour : 50,000 / 120 hrs (24 hrs x 5 days) and 297.619 listeners per hour if you include the two weekend days of which AHA does indeed have special programs devoted only to Saturday and Sunday. (168hrs = 7days x 24 hours/day).
The Listeners are White, Middle-Aged and overwhelmingly Male.
A survey conducted earlier this year by Media Audit shows that:
- 91% of the station's audience is Caucasian,
- 83% is male,
- 70% of listeners are at least 45 years old,
- and 60% have incomes greater than $75,000/year.
AM 950's Station and General Manager Janet Robert's long term boyfriend is former state representative Bill Luther whose nephew, Mark Heaney, is the co-host of one of the station's afternoon programs. Nepotism is always a good way to run a business, yes?
I thought AirHead America is supposed to be the representative mouthpiece for the downtrodden and the economically disadvantaged. I thought AHA is supposed to be the voice of the people who have been ignored and denigrated by those evil Conservatives and by the Bush Administration. Why, I thought AHA is supposed to be the voice of a new generation of political activists.
And now we find out AHA is nothing more than representative of Middle Aged, "Rich" White Men. Why...who-da-thunk that?
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.