Thursday, August 10, 2006
Hypocrites... the lot of them. Live and let live... unless you can get a laugh or a million bucks out of it.
I found some of his humor falling back on the old stuff (which I liked), but I'm so disgusted by so many comedians now days because they can't leave politics out of their jokes. Sometimes it's okay... and I don't mind if they tell jokes about one side or the other in most any subject... but when they use them to stab and promote their own... dare I say... agenda; I can't stand it.
I use to laugh my ass off at Margaret Cho... until I got one of her most recent DVDs. It was so one sided that I don't believe I cracked one smile. I turned it off and sent it back with a bad review.
I agree with every word you wrote.
Besides, if you can't take "chemical dependency humore" you shouldn't be dishing it out.
Thanks for visiting Yangix.
LOL mrs nesbitt.
Bryan - I agree with you somewhat. I think he's great in "World According To Garp" and "Popeye", and some of his earlier stand up was funny.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.