Sunday, August 20, 2006
1985 Retro Video: Mister Cheese and Mr. Suave
Note Mr. Jagger's wild and over-the-top gesticulating and facial "mugging" for the camera. Jagger, oblivious to both style and subtlety, acts more like an attention-deprived child begging for his parents to notice him.
In contrast, note David Bowie, underplaying his part (well, he doesn't have a choice opposite Jagger, does he?), using his well honed years of performing to counter Jagger's extreme performance style (style?).
While Jagger hops around like a tweaked Meth Head without any sense of rhythm or style, Bowie's got the grooves and moves down and brings style to what he does.
Sorry Grandpa Mick...you've become (and have been for many years...since '85) the William Shatner of Rock N' Roll, chewing the scenery and hoarding all the Cheese for yourself.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.