.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, July 28, 2006

Candy Cigarettes

Apparently there is no more evil, vile, heinous product on earth to ever exist than Nicotine. Witness the Nicotine lozenge controversy:

    A lozenge that releases a dose of nicotine when sucked is the latest focus of a long-brewing controversy whether access to smoking cessation products should be as easy as walking into a convenience store.

So I stumbled across This Site which seems to be a fantastic repository for all things "Candy Cigarette".



The site splits up Candy Cigs into American Candy Cigarettes and Non-U.S. Candy Cigarettes.

Some of the artwork on the Candy Cig packages is quite interesting.

Feelin' like you may Strike Lucky?

Surely Little BobDog wouldn't sell something that's harmful, would he? He's so cute!

Poor Little BobDog...he looks like he's in pain after Being Attacked by Strawberries on this package. Damn contemptible evil strawberries!

New York Candy Cigarettes, anyone?

Or perhaps your flave is more Manhattan. Or Chicago? San Fran?

Or California brand? And why isn't the clown wearing pants. What's up with that?



Then there's Liberty Candy Cigarettes. I'm guessing Liberals wouldn't like them because they don't like freedom.

And then there's Guns, and guns and candy cigarettes are a great mixer, aren't they?

The globe trotting crowd has their Krakatoa brand.

And if you have any breath left in you after climbing the mountain, you can fire up a Everest Candy Cigarette!

Or Paris? Maybe Mexico?



And it's not the Gondola
brand of candy cigs that you have to worry about as much as the health hazards from the polluted waters should you fall out of the gondola. Yikes!

Motorcycles and their enthusiasts have Their Special Candy Cig Brand as well! Zoooooooom!



Bubble Gum? HA! It's Right There For The Taking!

And Come On! If you can't trust Popeye then damn, who can you trust...

... Tom and Jerry, maybe?



My Nicotine Sense Spidey Sense is Tingling for some Candy Cigs!

And Poots...pee-yew! Who farted? Oh, that's 'Boots', sorry.

And my personal favorite, ATTACK brand candy cigs.

Smoke 'em, or eat 'em (if they're candy), if you got 'em.

©2006

Comments:
Some of those are really neat!
I used the nicotine gum for a while.
No script required, but expensive!!

And yes, migraines really suck!
2 weeks is my record and the I had to hit the ER for the Demeral shot. (Nowhere near that bad is this one, however...)
 
Yeah, the ad campaigns, using Tom and Jerry, and other cartoon characters for selling candy cigs to kids would never be tolerated today, would it.

I did the nicotine gum thing years ago. Didnt do a thing for me at all. I dont think there's enough nicotine in it, or at least not back then. I was chewing 5-6 pieces at a time and felt no "relief" from the urge to smoke. So, I went back to smoking. Eh...whatever.

Migraines suck, I hear you , bro. Take care. Thanks for visiting and commenting.
 
I use to love the cand ciggies as a kid.

Ever seen the bubblegum or beef jerky packaged as snuff? Stuff looks just like Skoal or Copenhagen for kids.
 
I've seen bubgum cut like skoal, yah, only its pink, just like the gum.

Candy cigs were good, werent they? Just like sugar sticks.
 
Damn, those were the days.

skn

ps-your blog, which I like, came up on an image search for "fat prostitutes." The image: Michael Moore
 
SK -

Thanks for visiting and commenting. I skimmed your blog(s) and, while it looks like you and I may have some differences in our political views, you are civil about it and I can deal with that.

Ha! You found me searching for "fat prostitute" images?! What's up with that and why would you be searching for those? (Just kidding).

I'm going to have to search for the same and find the Moore image. I never knew I'd get hit off it from the search terms you used. That is funny.

Every once in a while I see where candy cigs are still for sale in some off-beat convenience stores. I'm going to have to buy a pack the next time I see 'em.

I hope you are a returning visitor and commenter.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker



Web Site Traffic Counters
Alabama Internet

Listed on BlogShares

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This site uses photographs and material from other sources in strict
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.

Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.