Friday, May 05, 2006
Mayo Extends Two-For-One Offer To Kennedy Family
Mayo Clinic Administrator of Addiction, Dr. Jim McJim, offered the Kennedy family a generous 'two-for-one' deal. "We at Mayo realize that addiction is no laughing matter and is something to be taken very seriously. That is why I am offering the Kennedy family a one-time, special 'two-for-one' deal. We are making the offer that when Congressman Kennedy checks in to the Clinic, if he is joined by his father, Senator Ted Kennedy, we will offer them a 'two-for-one' deal on the cost for their stay and treatment at the clinic," said Dr. McJim.
McJim said the two-for-one deal is contingent upon both Congressman Kennedy and Senator Kennedy entering into the treatment program at the same time and that they must both successfully complete the full session of in-patient treatment in order to qualify for the offer.
"We are pleased to help Congressman Kennedy, and we also feel that it is time for his father to kick the habit of the hooch," said Dr. McJim, referring to Senator Kennedy's well publicized drinking binges. "We also feel that the Senator is familiar with the phrase 'two-for-one', so this should help get his attention," said Dr. McJim.
Senator Kennedy could not be reached for comment due to happy hour.
Patrick Kennedy asks his father, "What's in a Mai-Tai?"
NEW Patrick Kennedy Statement:
In a just-released statement, Patrick Kennedy has the following to add.
Press the > to listen to Congressman Kennedy:
All voices are impersonated. Or...are...they?
Labels: Ted Kennedy
Kennedy, car, woman, drugs and/or liquor... it just writes itself!
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.