Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Minneapolis: Second-Hand Smoke=Bad; Criminals With Guns? Feh!
But it's the following paragraphs that jumped out at me:
The city of Minneapolis has no shops that actually sell guns. The last gun shop in Minneapolis [is] owned by Mark Koscielski and his partner Barbara Bergstrom. They don't sell guns in the store because Minneapolis zoning regulations don't permit guns to be sold at Koscielski's locations. In fact, Minneapolis zoning regulations don't permit a gun shop to operate anywhere in Minneapolis, according to Koscielski. He only sells the guns displayed at the store at gun shows.
"Minneapolis has the idea that, if they zone gun shops out of existence, there will be no more guns," [says Koscielski].
It seems like the City Czars have conveniently forgotten - or deliberately choose to ignore - the fact the criminals don't purchase their hand guns legally, let alone buy them at a gun shop.
"City people are the victims of crimes. Since the city has put me out of business, all they have done is make the prices higher at other gun shops. That just makes it harder for city people who need protection to afford guns," says Koscielski.
A law abiding citizen can no longer legally purchase a gun in the city limits of Minneapolis. But if you frequent the right bars you can likely hook up with someone who will sell you one in the alley.
But hey-you won't have to breathe any second-hand smoke while you're in that bar. But the trade-off is, depending on the bar, you may wind up with a .45 slug in your chest.
Kudos to the Czars of Minneapolis taking second-hand smoke out of the bars while leaving illegal guns in the hands of criminals in the street. By the way, Mr. Koscielski is the creator of the famous "Murder-apolis" T-shirts. A name befitting the city and its ruling Czars.
- - -
Additional Reading: Blue Star Chronicles
When law abiding citizens don't have guns, it's open citizen,
I wrote an article about this a while back...
Keep up the good work!
I read your post and have added it under my post as Additional Reading.
I too, cannot fathom how legal gun ownership by law-abiding people is so bashed upon, yet the criminals basically go unpunished, or "rehabilitated" time and time again, only then to return to the life of crime.
You keep up the good work as well!
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.