Friday, February 17, 2006
The Game of Terrorism
If this THIS LINK does not take you directly to the story, get there via their main link, City Pages and find the story titled 'Bin Laden's Game', by Steve Perry.
Mr. Perry interviewed former CIA analyst and author Michael Scheuer, a man with extensive knowledge and experience in Osama Bin Laden, and Bin Laden's culture with regard to terrorism, what Bin Laden said in his video tape message last month, and what potential danger Bin Laden may have in store for the United States:
"Bin Laden was called on the carpet by his peers in the Islamic militant movement for three things. One was that he didn't give us enough warning. He's now addressed the American people on five separate occasions since 2002. So he's taken care of that one. He was also called on the carpet for not offering us a chance to convert to Islam. He's now done that three separate times, and Zawahiri has done it once. So they've covered that angle.
...he [Bin Laden] said, This is the last time I'm going to warn you. In his speech last week, he said, I was not going to talk to you again, but your president is lying to you. I wanted to give you one more opportunity to hear the truth. He again warned us about the impact of our policies, and then offered us the truce. But you were right at the beginning. He's very much speaking to an Islamic audience as much as to an American [one].
To keep true to his world, which seems to be a major concern for him, the next attack on America will have to be more damaging than 9/11."
"...the only really difficult part about constructing a nuclear weapon is acquiring the fissile material, the highly enriched uranium or the plutonium. After that, the machining of the trigger and the containers and all the rest is not very hard at all.
..in terms of attacks inside the United States, that is one part of his organization that he [Bin Laden] has always maintained personal command and control over.
[Bin Laden] is a very serious man, and a very talented one. He's a very terse man in many ways. He doesn't say things just for the sake of saying them."
It is an interview that should make the hairs on your neck stand up with fear.
Kudos City Pages, for publishing the stories that real newspapers should be publishing, but simply don't.
- - -
The Right Place
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.