Tuesday, January 24, 2006
Haggis: The Other White Meat?
Health officials believe it should only be served to youngsters once a week because of its high fat and salt content.
They say it is far healthier than the other foods on the restricted list which is issued to nurseries, playgroups and childminders.
Butcher Alan Pirie said: "With good turnips and potatoes, there's nothing more nutritious than haggis.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.