Thursday, November 17, 2005
Snuff Those Butts
Actually, God Bless 'Ya if you've quit or make today the day that you do so. I rarely exceed smoking more than a half pack on any given day, so - no - I really don't think a half pack is excessive or all that detrimental to my health. And if someone requests that I don't smoke in their home or car, I honor it.
But check out THIS SITE of a fellow Minnesotan.
He's keeping track of all the businesses that have been closed by the Hennepin and Ramsey County No-Smoking Gestapo for bars and restaurants.
HERE is a list of those businesses that the anti-smoking zealots have helped close.
And HERE is an UPDATED list of more businesses that the anti-smoking Nazis have helped take out of the free market.
I ask what I asked back in June, where are all the big spending, non-smokers, who repeatedly said "we'd go out to dinner and bars more often if we didn't have to breathe second hand smoke"?
Bingo and smoking? A soon to be extinct activity.
Where are you, non-smokers? Why aren't you bellying up to the bar and grill? Pay no attention to the people who have lost their jobs and businesses due to your politically correct, smug attitude. You know best, don't you? You know best about what's right for business and the free market.
Revenue is DOWN because of the non-smoking policy. Oh, not to worry - the Insane Liberal Clown Posse can raise other taxes to make up for it, right? Sure, why not. We all know that the Taxpayer is an endless resource for money.
How does it feel to be so smugly self-righteous? Why do you absolutely refuse to allow a private business owner to decide if they want to cater to smokers or nons? Because you cannot stand the fact that you may lose control of your precious little politically correct fetish. It's all about that "control fetish", right?
Smoke 'em if you got 'em!
Labels: No Smoking
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.