Sunday, November 27, 2005
Ach Tung! The UK Shall Be Smoke Free
Public smoking ban will curb smoking in homes. And that's what it's all about, isn't it - banning smoking completely and totally. Why not just make cigarettes an illegal product? GASP! That would mean a reduction in tax revenue, and by God, we can't have that!
2007 The Target Year to eliminate all public smoking in the UK .
Health Secretary Patricia Hewitt says it is "only a matter of time" before there is a complete ban on smoking in public places in England and Wales.
Speaking on the BBC's Sunday AM, she did not give a specific timescale, but said a total ban would be "simpler".
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.