Sunday, July 10, 2005
So, you can find it at this Google search Dujail.
Some of the deaths mentioned in the article are as follows:
* In the late 1980's as many as 150,000 Kurds were killed, many shot and dumped into mass graves, others killed in poison-gas (a WMD as far as I am concerned) attacks; the chemical weapons (WMD's) attack on the Kurdish town of Halabja in March 1988 that killed about 5,000.
* The Shiite rebellion repression in southern Iraq in 1991, in which 150,000 people are believed to have been killed.
* 160 men and boys from Dujail, as well as another 143 executed by Saddam's court.
And how many other mass graves have yet to be discovered or unearthed?
Ziad Najdawi is a Jordanian who is part of the international legal defense team of Saddam Hussein. He says, according to the NYT article:
"They [anyone not supportive of Hussein and anyone anti-American] can talk all they want, about executions and chemical weapons and mass graves, but we will say, 'It is all lies, nothing but lies, everything here is tainted by America.'"
I think Mr. Najdawi is presumptuously off the mark in what he asserts. I think it'll be damn hard to prove that "we" killed the Kurds, the Shiites, those in Dujail; as well as dug and buried them in mass graves.
I don't think it should be difficult to prove who really is responsible for those death. Saddam Hussein, of course. This isn't rocket science or quantum physics.
Mr. Burns' article is quite good. My question is this: It's from the NYT...will Liberals believe it, deny it, or ignore it?
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.