.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, June 18, 2005

This Blog, That Blog: Updated, Clarified

Basically, the blogs listed over on the right side of this page are listed as I find them. The exceptions are probably the first dozen or fifteen, or so, which are the ones that reciprocated back a link to this site, or, were kind enough, and thought highly enough, of something they read here, and linked to it, or gave it a Hat Tip or a Nod - and I greatly appreciate the reference. [Updated: These 12-15 blogs aren't the only one's I link to or that reciprocate back, there are those along the list that do and some that don't (and that's okay), I simply meant the first 12-15 were the first group in the 'cabal', so to speak, of blogs that I linked to when I started this. And they also found something they liked here. Also among these "firsts", listed under the Non-Political "Mafia" section is the well written Reverend Z, and the always articulate Baseball Is Life.]

I haven't yet joined or enrolled in a Blog "Organization" other than adding this site to some of the Blog Indexes or Catalogs. The blogs that I come across that I link to are those that I've read, enjoyed, and think are well written, unique, humorous, and worthy of spending time at.

I've had a couple inquiries as to why I eliminated the links to the Liberal Liberace's, or as I previously called them, the "Trending Left" Blogs. Well, the best answer I have to that is as this blog grew (and it's a young one, granted), so did the links that I found I wanted to link to. As I did, I found it rather curious looking at their sites, and, typically one-sided of the Lefty's, to only link to other Left sites. So, I basically figured, why bother? I still visit those sites, but I don't think anyone needs this site to help find them. Maybe at some point I'll re-list them, I honestly don't know.

On the elimination of Comments. Didn't have a problem with the comments per se, only that some comments were not comments at all but Tomes! Maybe I'll turn 'em back on in the future, haven't yet decided. But if Ya wanna rip apart something you've read here, do it on your own site.

I've looked at the Stat Meter's on a lot of sites. I'm amazed that the average time spent viewing per site is something between three and five minutes. I judge it by the piece or blog itself, if it's good, it doesn't matter how long it takes to read the blog. But I'm guessing the 3-5 minute attention span indicates that we all have only so much time to squeeze in all we want to do in 24 hours, less sleep time. As well as time spent reading blogs, we all (well, some of us-Howie Dean says conservatives never did an honest day of work in our lives) need to work, play, eat, and all the other daily things life has us do.

So, when we all hit our favorite blogs, do you really want to spend time reading lengthy, ad nauseam, tome-like comments, or the nuts and bolts of the blogger? I'll pick the blogger every time, even the Leftward bloggers.
©2005

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker



Web Site Traffic Counters
Alabama Internet

Listed on BlogShares

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This site uses photographs and material from other sources in strict
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.

Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.