Thursday, May 07, 2009
Obama, Biden Eat Burgers In Hell
Awwwwwww, TweedleDipShit and TweedleAssHat went out for burgers. Why, they had a play date! Isn't that sweet! From UPI:
U.S. President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, jonesing for burgers, dined out and treated some of the White House press corps to lunch Tuesday.
The daily schedule said Obama and Biden were to dine in the Oval Office, an event closed to reporters. But the top two U.S. leaders opted to eat out instead, traveling to Ray's Hell Burger in Arlington, Va., with press vans in tow.
Obama, waiting his turn in line with Biden, turned to the pool and said, "Who's taking orders here? My treat to the pool."
"Who wants a burger?" the commander in chief asked, tasking a reporter with taking lunch orders.
The five reporters who took Obama up on his offer said they'd donate to a charity in lieu of trying to reimburse the president.
Obama's lunch was under debate -- did he order a plain cheeseburger or Swiss mushroom burger? Biden ordered a Swiss cheeseburger with jalapeno peppers. Obama and Biden power-lunched indoors while the press corps waited outside.
"You guys are cheap dates," Obama told the reporters. "I can't believe I couldn't get more of you to order a burger."
Cheaper than the charitable donations made by the Obamas?
Cheaper than the charitable donations made by the Bidens?
I doubt it.
Barry is quite the Big Spender...well, not of his own money. And Herr Biden? Shit...he still has his Confirmation money in an interest-bearing account.
APee reports that both Pbama and Herr Biden "fetched cash" from their pockets to pay for the burgers which cost $6.95 each.
Wow. Forking over $7 bucks for a burger...whew! Can Pbama and Herr Biden afford that?
Pbama and Biden are doing all they can to jumpstart the economy, aren't they?
Subtract the expenses incurred for Secret Service protection, transportation and other costs - all paid for by the taxpayer - and this little burger jaunt must have resulted in a net negative. This fits right in with Pbamanomics, deficits are good, even for a "power lunch."
It's unfortunate they didn't get a mild case of E.coli from the burgers. That would have been funny!
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.