Sunday, August 05, 2007
Gwen Stefani Succumbs To Radical Islam
The religion of peace and its "modern" 7th century values scores another victory against Western Culture.
From the BBC, (emphasis mine):
US pop star Gwen Stefani has agreed not to wear revealing costumes at a concert in Malaysia later this month.
Protests from Muslim students about her raunchy clothes have prompted the singer to tone down her outfits.
The National Union of Malaysian Muslim Students wanted the gig to be cancelled because of her "indecent dressing".
The show's organisers said in a statement that the singing star would ensure her concert in Kuala Lumpur would not be "offensive" to locals.
The student union's vice president, Abdul Muntaqim, told the Associated Press: "Her performance and her attire are not suitable for our culture.
"It promotes a certain degree of obscenity and will encourage youth to emulate Western lifestyle."
Concert promoters Maxis Communications Bhd said: "Gwen Stefani has confirmed that her concert will not feature any revealing costumes.
"She will abide by the Malaysian authorities' guidelines to ensure that her show will not be offensive to local sensitivities."
Official guidelines about performances in Malaysia say female artists must cover up from the top of the chest to the knees.
She is not permitted to jump, shout or hug and kiss members of the audience.
Clothes that carry obscene or drug-related images or messages are also banned.
Labels: Ratty Rhodes
Their's is “If you don't play my way I'll blow the fucking game back to Allah…”
I'm sick and tired of accomodating and making excuses for radical Islam. The comment by A non-muslim malaysian said it perfectly: If you don't like it, don't go to the concert.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.