Friday, July 06, 2007
al-Zawahiri Incites Jihad
[the revival] of a global, pan-Islamic caliphate.
Much of the video is taken up with outspoken attacks against what Zawahiri depicts as the corrupt and repressive governments of Saudi Arabia and Egypt.
The video outlines elements of al-Qaeda's strategy.
The short-term aim, says Zawahiri, is to attack the interests of the "Crusaders and Jews" (the United States, its Western allies and Israel).
The long-term aim is to topple what he calls corrupt Muslim regimes - and to use Afghanistan, Iraq and Somalia as training grounds for militants.
Sheesh! Add the letter "D" after this guy's name and the MoveOn/KoS Crowd would run him as their endorsed candidate for U.S. Senate!
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.