Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Rob "MEATHEAD" Reiner Caught in SCANDAL!
In 1998, Reiner sponsored Proposition 10, which taxed California smokers an extra 50 cents per pack in order to fund early childhood education programs. Voters bit, and voila, Reiner became chairman of the state's First 5 California Children and Families Commission, which controls 20 percent of Proposition 10 receipts.
Team Reiner was well rewarded. Last month, the Los Angeles Times reported that First 5 spent $230 million -- of the $800 million it has controlled -- on advertising and public relations contracts with firms that had worked on the Proposition 10 campaign. (First 5 Executive Director Kris Perry wants you to know that most of the $230 million went to TV stations, newspapers and other media -- not to the ad agencies.)
The Times also reported that, at the very time Reiner was working to qualify his latest brainchild, "Preschool for All," which will be Proposition 82 on the June ballot, First 5 spent some $23 million on ads to promote -- you guessed it -- pre-school for all.
That's a no-no. State money is not supposed to bankroll political campaigns.
Obese Wonder: Rob "Meathead" Reiner
Eric Cartman: "I just love Rob Reiner. He just goes around imposing his will on other people. I want to be just like him."
And, from HERE, something I like to call the "Get Me A Lotion Coated Tissue To Dry My Tears" Department:
Reiner was recently lampooned on Comedy Central's "South Park." They called him fat. Some days, especially lately, Reiner's wife, Michelle, wonders if it's all worth it.
"They take jabs at him that are very personal...it bothers me," she said. "We've spent millions of our own money and countless hours on this. So when I hear people saying he misused political funds, or that he's fat...I get angry..."
All together now: "Oh Dat's So Sad!" Oh, Michelle, Tsk-Tsk. You know, your husband, with his massive obesity, is a health risk and a health cost-factor to all taxpayers. The risks are far more serious than if he were a...oh, I don't know...a smoker?!??
I'm sure ol' Rob will feel better after eating a dozen Key Lime Pies, a crate of Oreos, and a ranch or two of beef cattle. Michelle, people make fat jokes about your husband because HE'S A FAT TUB OF LARD! And he imposes his Liberal-I-Know-Best-For-You-Attitude on people of whom he has no right to do so.
If he doesn't want to be the BUTT of FAT JOKES, have him drop a couple of tons. It's that simple!
I wonder how the MSM would be reporting this story if it concerned a conservative celebrity. Hmmmm, I'm sure the MSM would be just as sympathetic, yes?
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.