Monday, March 17, 2008
Florida Do Over For Dems DOA
Nya, nya, nya, nya, nya, nya...your vote doesn't count, Florida.
But Dave, you say, Democrats are the ones who scream and howl the loudest that EVERY VOTE COUNTS!
Sorry, Charlie, not if you're a Florida Dem and you go against the National Democrat Politburo leaders and hold your primary earlier than the rules allow. Then, your vote doesn't count. AP:
Facing strong opposition, Florida Democrats on Monday abandoned plans to hold a do-over presidential primary with a mail-in vote and threw the delegate dispute into the lap of the national party.
Michael Steinberg, a lawyer for Victor DiMaio, a Democratic Party activist from Tampa, said Florida's Democratic voters are being disenfranchised by not being permitted to have their say in the selection of their party's nominee. The action violates DiMaio's constitutional right to equal protection, he argued.
"The citizens of the state of Florida are not being treated equally," Steinberg told the judges.
But Joe Sandler, a lawyer for the Democratic National Committee, said the party has the right to set its own the rules and not seat delegates who refuse to follow them.
The Dems are doing to themselves what they falsely accused the Republicans of doing to them in Florida during the year 2000 election!
The plan for the now dead Florida do-over was for a mail-in vote. A mail-in vote!?! No chance for any corruption or voter fraud on that brilliant idea, huh? (*Cue Laugh Track; loud, hysterical, gut-busting, knee-slapping, ribald laughter*)
To quote some preacher whose name at the moment I can't recall, "the chickensssssssssssssssssssssssss have come hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooome to roost." At least in Florida.
Harold Ickes, who worked for Bill Clinton when he was president and is a member of the Rules Committee that stripped Michigan of its delegates for scheduling an early primary [said]...“A re-vote is the only way Michigan can be assured its delegation will be seated, and vote in Denver. If the Obama campaign thwarts a fair election process for the people of Michigan, it will jeopardize the Democratic nominee’s ability to carry the state in the general election.”
Mean Ol' Meany
"Who knew that hate turned inward could be so beautiful."
Oh, you need give "be careful not to spit liquids out of your mouth" warnings from now on!
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.