Sunday, July 10, 2005
Minne"SNOW"ta: BCA Style!
Make sure to read the article from the 'SPSP', where it's noted that;
The former assistant director of Minnesota's crime lab [DAVID BRUCE PETERSON] was sentenced today to one year in the Ramsey County workhouse for stealing two pounds of cocaine from an evidence locker to feed his own addiction.
Ramsey County District Judge Salvador Rosas, who noted the sentence was a light one compared to what many drug offenders receive, gave David Bruce Petersen seven years in prison, but that sentence was stayed pending completion of 30 years probation.
If he exhibits good behavior, Rosas told Petersen, he will consider allowing him to leave the workhouse after three to six months and be subject to home confinement for the remainder of the year.
You know, I just can't help but think if anyone else was nabbed with two pounds of grade-A coke, they would be facing a much different prison sentence. Prison, WHAT prison?
Shouldn't people in positions such as an assistant director of the BCA be held to a higher (no pun intended; --- snoooort --- snoooort ---) standard since they are the ones entrusted to uphold the law? And entrusted to not tamper with evidence, no matter what their addiction demons may be?
ANYONE ELSE with two pounds of coke would be charged with intent to distribute. And would be doing far more time than one year in the county workhouse. But not the former assistant, who claimed the two pounds of nose dust was for "personal use".
Okay, the guy had/has a drug problem, cocaine is incredibly addictive. But shouldn't that be even more of a reason to hold someone in that position to a higher standard.
I'm almost certain Judge Salvador Rosas will be the most sought after judge, by anyone charged with illegal drug possession.
I wonder if the BCA is hiring? I'm looking for a new job.
Oh, by the way, the state of Minnesota is 'Open For Business', the legislature resolved its impasse. Stop by, visit, stay a while. Need some coke? Stop by the BCA, maybe they have a couple bricks to give ya.
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.