Wednesday, November 11, 2009
The below was written by Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, USMC:
"It's the soldier, not the reporter who has given us
Freedom of the Press.
It's the soldier, not the poet, who has given us
Freedom of Speech.
It's the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us the
Freedom to Demonstrate.
It's the soldier, not the lawyer, who has given us the
Right to a Fair Trial.
It's the soldier who salutes the flag, serves under the flag and
whose coffin is draped by the flag,
Who gives the protestor the right to burn the flag."
There are many things you can do to thank the Veterans. Refer to my 2008 Veterans Day post for links and information. Some organizations ask for monetary donations, others seek physical donations (clothing, food, books, comfort items) and others, such as simply sending a note of thanks to any Solider, cost nothing but a few minutes of your time. Operation Uplink provides free calling cards to Soldiers. Send them a couple of dollars if you can. Send an e-card via Thank You Veterans and Paralyzed Veterans of America. Pick at least one thing to do for the Veterans and do it. Please.
God Bless our Veterans, each and every one of them and their families.
Labels: Veterans Day
Only GOd knows what then world would be without the strong, freedom-loving, american troops.
We europeans owe you guys a great deal, notwithstanding the fact that the european union doesn't say it. They are socialists. What did you expect?
Anyway, God bless the troops, and hope you stand strong.
My prayers are with you.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.