Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Morrissey Hit By PLASTIC Bottle
Only...it was a PLASTIC bottle. Okay, it might hurt a little, but it was a PLASTIC bottle.
I like some of his music, and I think Morrissey is a talented artist.
Stories are saying he was hit in the eye. I dunno, watch the video and you decide.
To me, it looks like the PLASTIC bottle bounced off his head. After being hit, he makes no movement to cover or protect his eye. He makes one motion with his left hand to, what appears to be, smooth his hair or check his head, possibly to make sure he's not bleeding. And any one of us who's accidentally poked ourselves in the eye in the slightest, least invasive way know it hurts like hell. And Morrissey, in the video, doesn't lift either hand up to his eye.
Man up, Morrissey. It was a PLASTIC bottle. Yes, it was lame and unnecessary and completely disrespectful on the part of the person attending the concert, I'm not excusing the actions. But it was a PLASTIC bottle for KeeeRist's sake. Man up, Mor.
He's criticized both major political parties of his homeland in the UK and was no fan of W. Bush.
But as you know I don't permit political beliefs of an artist determine if I like what they do or not. That said, I like some of his music and think he's talented. Is he one of the "all time great singers?" Not by a long shot.
I think he's a vagina for ending his concert after being hit by a plastic bottle, though. A glass bottle, I'm with him all the way, that can do a lot of damage. But a plastic one? What a pussy.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.