Sunday, October 04, 2009
Are you watching "Flashforward?"
I've seen the first two episodes and, so far, I like it. It's different, and I'll take different over formula any day.
I don't want to ruin anything for anyone who is watching it, but I think the kangaroo in the middle of the city street in the first episode is just a red herring. It could be nothing more than being explained as an animal that escaped from a zoo, or being transported to or from a zoo, while the human race was unconscious.
Are you watching it? What do you think of it? Add your comments.
Well, tomorrow (Wednesday) this program will be aired here in Portugal.
I usually like movies and series that deal with time travel. I don't kno why, but I do. I guess time is the only barrier man is not able to break, and therefore it has great apeal.
HOw was the program in there? was it as you expected?
It's not so much about time travel, as that all humans on earth lose conciousness all at the same time for a few minutes and during that time, they all have a vision of what happens on the same day in the future, April 29(?) 2010.
The third episode airs this Thursday in the states. It must be delayed two weeks in release in other geographic markets.
So far, yes, I like it. It is done well (IMHO) in terms of technical aspects, writing, acting, etc. And it's offbeat. Not the normal, formula, and I prefer the off-beat sometimes.
Let us know what you think of it if you check it out.
Links to this post:
accordance and compliance with Fair Use Section 107 U.S. Copyright Code.
All other images and content © 2005-2009 David Drake.
Not responsible for content contained at linked sites.
Policy on commenting:
- Anonymous comments have little chance of being published.
- Comments made on posts 60 days old or older have little chance of being published.
- Published comments do not necessarily reflect the views of this blog author.
- Discretion of publishing or rejecting submitted comments rests solely with the owner and creator of this blog.
- Comments that egregiously "plug" (i.e. advertise or promote) another site or blog will be rejected. This doesn't mean you cannot include a link to your story, blog or to another site, but don't go overboard.
- Profanity is not a disqualifying factor, but profane rants solely for purposes of profanity are unlikely to be published.
- The owner and creator of this blog is not liable or responsible for the opinions of those who comment.